During all of his journey, Siddartha has been trying to break away from his self. Now he has realised that enlightenment was always found within himself. All this time he has been looking for "Atman", or the self, and until now he hadn't thought of looking for the answer within him. This new knowledge comes to him naturally, like when you are looking for a pen that was in your hand the whole time.
After this sudden ray of truth he feels lonely. He then proceeds to break away from his past, and leave his teachings behind. He is newly born in his quest. This new information means a new beginning. Although I agree with his fresh start, I would have interpreted my loneliness as a sign from my spiritual self: an indication that the soul needs love and nourishment.
In this awakening, Siddhartha has a new aura of inspiration. He now gets a sense of direction that he had been lacking. I hope he does find truth and light within himself. I am very curious as to what he will conclude the self is. I just hope he finds satisfaction one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment