I think this poem might be addressing both Agape and Eros. I did not find strong proof of any physical attraction between the author and Ted Neeley from Jesus Christ. Although the author did highlight many of Ted's physical traits most of them negative. However she seems to be attracted or aroused by these traits. In some parts it even seems that she thinks these bad traits add personality to the role, which she finds attractive. The Agape love is less subtle.
What the author feels is an undying love and loyalty to the show and mostly to the actor who plays JC. When the author says, "when you cast merchants and money chargers from the temple, I forgot your thinning hair and wrinkled brow, forgot how your story ended: your broken voice crying on the cross," he is saying that despite his old appearance and broken voice, he still enjoys the show passionately. He worships the show.
Great writing as usual. However, just note that after the first quotation the sentence should end.
ReplyDelete